Maiale Pizza – Fennel Sausage
Maiale Pizza is a delicious, spicy, signature pizza of Chef Tom Hope and TAPS Fish House & Brewery here in Southern California consisting of Bacon, fennel sausage, salami, quanchale, tomatoes, mozzarella and arabiatta sauce.
1 lb Ground pork
1/2 lb Pork fat
1 t Red chili flakes
1 t Fennel seed – toasted and ground
1/3 C Fennel – caramelized & chopped
3 Cloves Garlic – roasted
1 t Salt
1 t Pepper
- Dice all the ingredients into small cubes for grinding.
- Chill meat and grinder.
- Grind all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and taste.
- Adjust if it is necessary.
- Mix ground meat and vegetables with the paddle attachment until all ingredients are emulsified.
- In a small sheet pan, spread the meat mix.
- Bake in a conventional oven at 350F for 15 minutes.