Dazzling, decadent, and delicious. This Strawberry Tiramisù is filled with fresh strawberries and Alchermes, bringing Italy home to you.
For the Cream:
500 G Mascarpone cheese – room temperature
500 ML Heavy cream
5 Egg yolk
3/4 C Granulated sugar
For the Strawberries:
2 1/2 C Strawberries – chopped
1/3 C Alchermes liqueur * Fragfoli wild strawberry liqueur or Chambord
1 T Sugar
2-3 T Rum
1 C Orange juice
1 Box Dry Ladyfingers (Pavesini brand preferred**)
- Put the strawberries, Alchermes liquor, sugar, rum, and orange juice in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or a KitchenAid standing mixer, beat the egg yolks, sugar, mascarpone, and heavy cream on medium speed for 5-10 minutes, until creamy.
- In a small bowl, strain the strawberries and keep the juice in a separate bowl.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the juice (a quick dip, you don’t want them to be soggy), and arrange cookies on bottom of a baking dish.
- Cover with half the cream mixture.
- Cover with the chopped strawberries.
- Repeat cookies for another layer, and cover with remaining cream mixture.
- Decorate it topped with strawberries just before serving and dust with powdered sugar.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving. (It can stay chilled for up to 2 days.)
- * Alchermes is a scarlet colored Italian liqueur made by infusing neutral spirits with sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and vanilla, and other herbs, and Kermes, a small parasitic insect.
- ** Pavesini ladyfingers may be difficult to find in stores. However, they are readily available online. Other brands may be substituted.