Sticky Pork Rib Tips
Sticky Pork Rib Tips are finger lickin good and feature pork brisket rib tips, slow cooked, then fried and served with spicy pepper jelly drizzled on top
2 slabs pork rib brisket (approx. 2 lbs each)
2 cups yellow onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 ea. carrot, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 stem fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 cups dry red wine
1 ½ quarts pork stock or chicken stock
½ cup crab boil seasoning
3 cups rice flour
1 cup pepper jelly
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil, for frying
*Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
Yields: 2 quarts
2 cups rice vinegar
2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups sugar
1 cup sambal
2 quarts apple juice
1 cup jalapeno, sliced
2 cups sweet bell pepper, diced
- Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
- Combine all ingredients and slowly reduce by 33%
- Jelly should coat the back of a spoon.
- Check seasoning
- Rib Tips
- Season the pork briskets liberally with both salt and pepper. Sear on both sides in a large cast iron pot with a lid.
- Remove the ribs from the pot, and add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. Sweat until caramelized.
- Deglaze with red wine, and add the rosemary, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Return the ribs to pot making sure they are almost submerged in liquid (add a little water if necessary).
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to low, cover with the lid and cook for 2
- hours or until fork tender.
- Remove from heat. Place the ribs in a food safe container. Strain the vegetables from the cooking liquid, and pour the cooking liquid over the ribs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the ribs from the container making sure to scrape off the chilled cooking liquid.
- Cut the ribs into 1 ½ inch squares
- Liberally season the ribs with the crab boil seasoning.
- Roll the rib tips in rice flour, and fry in 350-degree vegetable oil for approximately 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the rib tips from the frying oil and reserve over absorbent paper towels. Season with salt.
- Place the rib tips on a serving plate, and cover in pepper jelly
- Eat with your hands.