Spring Spaghetti with Spinach Pea Pesto
This spring spaghetti with spinach pea pesto screams spring with its vibrant green color and the spinach pea pesto is a wonderful alternative to your regular pesto! Plus, it’s gluten free too!
- 1 8oz packet of any gluten free pasta – I used Ancient harvest Quinoa Pasta
- water, to cook the pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- For the Spinach Pea Pesto
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the spinach and the green peas in boiling water for 3-4 mins, drain and keep aside. Keep aside about 1/2 cup of the cooked spinach – green peas. Puree the rest of the spinach-green peas with all the other ingredients for the pesto, except the olive oil. Once they have come together a little, add the olive oil with the food processor running.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water, drain and keep aside.
- Add the pesto to the hot drained pasta, mix well and serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.