Sparkling Peach Mint Julep
Sparkling Peach Mint Julep is a refreshingly cool summer cocktail with a light, fruity taste. Mint and bourbon are joined by peach schnapps and prosecco to put this drink in a class by itself.
4-6 mint leaves
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
2 teaspoons water
1 small squirt of fresh lime
1-1/2 oz peach schnapps
3/4 oz bourbon whiskey
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and water until you can really smell the mint. Squeeze in a bit of lime juice.
- Add the schnapps and bourbon whiskey along with some crushed ice and shake it up.
- Prepare an old-fashioned or tall glass by rubbing the rim with a slice of lime and dipping rim into colored sugar.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Here you can either strain the cocktail mixture or leave as is and pour over ice.
- Add a few slices of peach to the glass then top with Prosecco.
- Garnish rim with a peach slice and additional mint if desired.