Singapore Meatballs and Noodles
Gluten-free turkey meatballs are coated in an Asian sauce seasoned with soy and ginger, then served on a bed of low-carb zucchini noodles. Pair this easy-to-prep dish with a citrus beer or sauvignon blanc.
24 ea. Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs
1 cup Mirin (rice wine)
⅔ cup Sugar
1 cup Soy sauce
2 tbsp. Fresh garlic, chopped
3 tbsp. Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine
3 tbsp. Onion, ¼-inch dice
1 ⅓ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
4 tbsp. Light sesame oil
4 ea. Zucchini, large, cut into noodles
4 tsp. Sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the mirin, sugar, soy sauce, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and diced onions in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the gluten-free turkey meatballs and Thai sweet chili sauce and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes (until the meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165℉).
- In a large pan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes and add the zucchini noodles. Sauté the noodles for 30–45 seconds, until cooked but firm, then portion into 4 individual pasta bowls or a large dish.
- Remove the individual meatballs from the saucepan and place them over the zucchini noodles (6 per portion).
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.