Sea Rocket Bistro Deconstructed Banh Mi
Sea Rocket Bistro Deconstructed Banh Mi taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
2 lbs Pork belly – skin removed
2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
2 Tbsp Dark soy
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 cloves Garlic – minced
1/2 Tbsp Hoisin
1/2 tsp 5 spice
2 Tbsp Honey
1 bunch Cilantro – rough chop
2 stalks Lemongrass – chopped
1/4 c Chili paste
3 Green onions – chopped
2 Limes – juiced
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1/4 c Soy sauce
1 c Orange juice
2 T Lime juice
8 cloves Garlic – minced
1 bunch Green onion – chopped
1 T Fresh ginger – diced
1 T Black pepper
1 c Sugar
1/4 c Brown sugar
1/2 c Chili paste
1 bunch Cilantro – rough chop
Whipped Jalapeno Syrup
2 c Jalapeno juice
1/4 c Sugar
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Versawhip (soy protein stabilizer)
1 lg Carrot – cut into match sticks 2 inches long
1 lb Daikon – cut into match sticks 2 inches long
1 t Salt
2 t and 1/2 c Sugar
1 1/4 c Distilled vinegar
1 c Water
107.5 g Warm water
6.5 g Fresh yeast
2 g Sugar
235 g Unbleached AP flour
2 g Kosher salt
27.5 g Melted butter
2 Hothouse cucumbers – cut in half and sliced thin on mandolin
2 Jalapeno – thinly sliced rings
- Combine all ingredients in metal bowl and marinate pork for at least 4 hours.
- Put immersion circulator in water bath and preheat water to 150 degrees F.
- Pull pork from marinade and vacuum seal with a little excess marinade.
- Place bags of pork into bath and cook sous vide for 24 hours.
- Remove from water bath and dump contents of bag into a hotel pan. Place another hotel pan on top of meat with some weight and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut pork into 1-in pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and reduce to desired thickness on low heat. Should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain with fine strainer.
- Whipped Jalapeno Syrup
- Put jalapeno juice, sugar and salt in pot and reduce until consistency of maple syrup.
- Cool to room temp and transfer to Kitchenaid mixer bowl.
- Add versawhip and whisk on medium high speed for about 12 minutes or until the consistency of a melted marshmallow.
- Pickled Vegetables
- Mix carrots and daikon with salt and 2 t sugar and mix with hands for about 3 minutes until carrots bend without breaking.
- Mix water, vinegar, and rest of sugar and heat up in a pot until sugar dissolves.
- Pour liquid over carrots and daikon and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix yeast, sugar and warm water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and butter. Knead dough for 10 minutes, put in a covered bowl in warm place for 25 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge and put in warm place.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough 1/16 inch thick, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Cool on rack at room temp.
- Sandwich Assembly
- Get a nonstick pan hot and cook pork cubes on all sides until crispy all around. Add some sauce to the pan and reduce a little so that the pork has a nice coat all around.
- Place pork, pickled vegetables, bread, garlic aioli, jalapeno slice, and cilantro onto cucumber slice and roll up.
- Put a drop of the whipped jalapeno on the top and enjoy.