Savory Chipotle Sweet Potato Casserole with a Sourdough Sage Pecan Bread Crumb Topping
Chipotle Sweet Potato Casserole that is topped with a decadent sourdough sage and pecan bread crumb topping that will wow your guests and have them asking for seconds!
5 C (4-5 sweet potatoes) Sweet Potato -Peeled and Steamed or Roasted
1 Butter stick – melted
2 1/2 T Chipotle Pepper in Adobo
1 t Chipotle Pepper Liquid – Finely Diced
1 1/2 T Salt
1 t Pepper
1/2 C Milk
2 t Honey
For the Topping:
1/2 Butter stick – melted
2 C Sourdough Bread – stale, crumbled
1 T Sage – fresh, chopped
1 C Pecan – chopped
1 t Salt
1/2 t Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl combine sweet potatoes, butter, chipotle peppers, eggs, milk, and honey. Mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Place whipped chipotle sweet potatoes into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Make bread crumb topping by mixing together melted butter with bread, sage, pecans, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and the topping is golden brown.