Salmon Burger with Peperonata, Herbed Cream Cheese, and Sprouts
A delicious ocean-inspired burger from chef Lei Shisnak’s new cookbook.
1 Red bell pepper – small
1&1/2 t Extra virgin olive oil
1 t Balsamic vinegar
1/2 t Thyme – dried
1/4 t Garlic salt
Herbed cream cheese:
8 oz Cream cheese – room temperature
1/2 C Fresh parsley – chopped
2 t Fresh dill – chopped
1 (16-oz) Salmon filet
4 T Panko
4 T Fresh parsley – chopped
2 t Maille old-style mustard
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
4 T Olive oil
4 Hamburger buns
- Make peperonata:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core, seed, and small dice the red pepper.
- Place in a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until peppers are evenly coated.
- Transfer to a medium ovenproof sauté pan and roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Make herbed cream cheese:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Set aside.
- Make salmon patties:
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut the flesh into ½-inch cubes.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 C peperonata, panko, parsley, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Using wet hands, shape salmon mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Cook patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Spread the herbed cream cheese on each bun.
- Place salmon patties on bottom buns, top with sprouts and serve immediately.