Rosemary Pomegranate Maple Glazed Roasted Turkey
Rosemary Pomegranate Maple Glazed Turkey is easy to make and is topped with a rosemary infused pomegranate glaze that takes this roasted turkey to a whole new level.
1 13-16 lb Whole Turkey
4 T Kosher Salt
2 T Black Pepper
For the Glaze:
2 C Pomegranate Juice
1/4 C Maple Syrup
1 t Black Pepper
2 Rosemary sprigs – fresh
- Rub turkey down on all sides with salt and pepper liberally, including the inside of the bird.
- Let sit uncovered in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let turkey sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before baking while the oven preheats.
- Place the turkey on a roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 2 1/2-3 hours until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While the turkey bakes, make the rosemary pomegranate maple glaze by combining pomegranate juice, maple syrup, pepper, and rosemary sprigs in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let reduce by half until slightly thickened.
- Uncover the turkey for the last 20 minutes of cooking and brush a liberal amount of the pomegranate glaze all over the turkey. Brush a second coat of the glaze on the turkey if desired.
- Serve with extra pomegranate glaze.