Roasted Jerk Corn
Roasted Jerk Corn – whole corn cob, jerk butter, ranch bread crumb, chili powder, lime.
1/2 lb Butter – softened
1 T Garlic – roasted and chopped
2 -3 t Cayenne pepper
2 t Onion powder
2 t Thyme
2 t Sugar
1 t Cumin
2 t Salt
1 t Paprika
1 t Allspice – ground
1/2 t Black pepper
1/2 t Red pepper – dried, crushed
1/2 t Nutmeg – ground
1/4 t Cinnamon – ground
Mayo (yields 1 cup)
2 Egg yolk – large
1 t Dijon mustard
4 t Lemon juice – fresh
1 C Vegetable oil
Salt & ground pepper – to taste
Ranch Bread Crumb
1 C Panko crumb – toasted
1/4 C Ranch powder – (seasoning mix)
1 t Scallion – finely sliced
1 t Chicken skin – crispy, (optional)
6–8 Corn ear – fresh, shucked & each cob cut in half
Lime wedge – for garnish
Chili powder – for garnish
- Jerk Butter
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and then fold in the softened butter.
- Place egg yolks in a food processor.
- Add mustard and lemon juice.
- Pulse ingredients until well combined.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream (mixture should become thick and emulsified).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ranch Bread Crumb
- Carefully place corn in large pot of boiling water and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and when cool enough to handle, brush with jerk butter and wrap in foil.
- Place on a cookie sheet to roast in oven (375°) or put on a grill top medium-heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove corn from heat and foil.
- Brush again with the jerk butter.
- Then coat with mayonnaise and top with breadcrumbs.
- Garnish with chili powder lime wedge.