Contributed by: Chef Amar Santana, Hall Global Eatery (The) – Costa Mesa , Vaca – Costa Mesa , Broadway By Amar Santana – Laguna Beach
Roasted Bone Marrow
Roasted Bone Marrow by Chef Amar Santana is quick, easy, and delicious.
3 Bone Marrow – split
2 Red Onion
5 Garlic Clove
1 C Red Wine Vinegar
1 C Red Wine
1 C Golden Raisin
1 C Capers
2 Rosemary Sprig
- Watch the Video
- Season the bone marrow with salt and pepper.
- Coat the split side of the bone marrow with flour and shake off any excess.
- Add canola oil to a frying man on medium heat.
- Add the bone marrow to the pan face down and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add vinegar and red wine to a pot on medium heat.
- Add one cup of sugar, onions, garlic, raisins, rosemary, and capers to the pot and let the pot simmer and cook down for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the bone marrow on its other side and add rosemary.
- Transfer bone marrow pan to the oven on 450 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place bone marrow on a plate and use the pan to toast some sourdough bread slices.
- Spread marmalade from the pot onto the bone marrow and serve with bread.