Love is in the air. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, there’s no better way to say “I Love You” than through food. For dessert – a decadent Raspberry Mousse that’s tasty on its own or pairs well with fruit or angle cake.
1 Envelope unflavored gelatin
3 T Water – cold
2 C Raspberries – fresh or frozen
1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Heavy cream
1 t Vanilla
6 T Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 T Shortening (to thin the chocolate)
- In a small bowl, mix gelatin with 3 Tbsp. cold water. Let stand to dissolve & solidify.
- Combine raspberries and sugar in a medium saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture is warm, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in gelatin until it melts/dissolves. Pour mixture into a bowl to cool and set aside.
- Combine heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in raspberry mixture.
- Spoon mousse into 6 dessert goblets. Lightly cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days in advance.
- Before serving, melt chocolate with the shortening in a small bowl using short bursts in the microwave. Pour melted chocolate into a zip-top bag and cut off the corner. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the set mousse.
- Garnish with a couple of fresh or frozen raspberries.