Contributed by: Milkadamia Team
Potato Leek Colcannon
A vegan version of the favorite Irish dish of potatoes, cabbage and leaks.
5 Potato – large, quartered
1 Cabbage head – coarsely chopped
3 Leek – sliced
2 T Milkadamia buttery spread
1 C Milkadamia, unsweetened
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, cook for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil the cabbage for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, melt buttery spread and sauté leeks for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- When potatoes are cooked, mash together with leeks, milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Finally, mix in cabbage.
- Now you’re cooking with milkadamia!