What to make with all those luscious summer peaches? Peach Cobbler of course!
For the Filling: 4 cups peeled, chopped fresh peaches
1 cup sugar, approximately
¼ cup cornstarch
pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup Grand Marnier
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the Batter: ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Butter a 9″ square baking pan and set aside.
- For the Filling: Add peaches to a medium sized bowl and toss gently with sugar.
- Depending on how sweet the peaches are, add more or less sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, sea salt, cinnamon and Grand Marnier.
- Toss the peaches with the cornstarch mixture and lemon juice.
- Add the filling to the prepared pan.
- For the Batter: Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt, mix well.
- Add the butter and egg, stir together until the batter is smooth.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the fruit mixture and bake 40 – 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.