Oat and Almond Risotto (Groat-Sotto)!
Oat and Almond Risotto (Groat-Sotto) is a great healthy dish that works for any meal of the day. It is both hearty and delicious and can be customized to your own taste.
12 oz Chicken Bone Broth
1 1/2 C Sprouted Flour Oat Groats
1 T Avohass Avocado Oil
1 T Organic Pastures Raw Butter
1 Carrot – diced
1/2 Onion – diced
1 Celery stalk – diced
2 Garlic clove – chopped
1 Thyme sprig – chopped
4 oz Sprouted Almond – coarsely chopped
- Add a jar of defrosted Chicken Bone Broth to a saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Then add 1.5 cups of Sprouted Flour Oat Groats.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Then uncover and reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbsp of Avohass Avocado Oil and 1 tbsp of Organic Pastures Raw Butter in a skillet on medium until butter is melted.
- Add your favorite diced veggies to the skillet like carrot, onion and celery.
- Cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes,
- then add chopped garlic and thyme along with coarsely chopped Sprouted Almonds and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Oat Groats and remaining bone broth to the pan, reduce the liquid and season with salt and pepper.