Mojito Grilled Lime Chicken Wings
A summer favorite! The perfect balance of lime and mint, alongside savory spices is wonderful! Plus there is a sweet tanginess to it from the orange juice and honey. It is sure to become a favorite quickly!
4 tablespoons lime zest, from 4 limes
½ cup lime juice
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup chopped mint
2 tablespoons honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 ½ – 4 pounds chicken wings, rinsed, dried and trimmed
- 1. Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl. Reserve half of marinade in refrigerator.
- 2. Put half of marinade in a ziplock bag with chicken wings. Squeeze out all air. Turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or over night. Remove wings from marinade and scrape off excess solids.
- 3. BBQ on grill rack, turning occasionally, 20-30 minutes.
- 4. Pour refrigerated marinade into saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened.
- 5. Transfer chicken wings to platter and spoon warm lime sauce on top.