Mint-Cilantro Green Beans
Here’s a recipe to help you make delicious, Indian-influenced Thanksgiving sides at home!
1tsp cumin seed
1tsp black or brown mustard seed
1 lb. green and/or yellow beans, trimmed
Julienned ginger (optional)
1 serrano chili, sliced lengthwise
4Tbsp chopped mint
4Tbsp chopped cilantro
2-3Tbsp lime juice
- Blanch beans in boiling water and shock in ice water. Set aside to drain
- In a medium saucepan heat oil till shimmering. Quickly add cumin and mustard seeds. Stir in chili and ginger (if using). Cook quickly over medium high heat.
- Stir in blanched beans and salt. Continue to cook over medium heat until heated through. Finish with mint, cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature in bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cumin seed.
- Stir in drained rice and stir gently.