Masala Mashed Potatoes
Here’s a recipe to help you make delicious, Indian-influenced Thanksgiving sides at home!
6-8 boiled, grated Idaho potatoes
2 medium white onion, diced
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp. minced ginger
4 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. minced chilies
6 Tbsp. butter
¼ tsp turmeric
- Heat oil till shimmering over medium heat.
- Bloom cumin seeds and add diced onion with a pinch of salt. Stir in ginger, garlic and chili. Continue to cook over medium low heat until onions are soft and cooked through.
- Add in turmeric, butter and more salt.
- Stir in grated potato and mix thoroughly and continue over medium heat until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.