Korean Chicken Skewers with Choripdong Flatbread
Spice up BBQ cooking with these Korean chicken skewers with Choripdong flatbread created by Michelin starred chef Brad Carter who used the Gozney Roccbox, a restaurant-grade portable outdoor oven that reaches up to an incredible 500C/932F to make the juiciest chicken skewers perfect for a summer’s day.
2 Chicken Legs – Boneless, skin on
25g Brown Sugar – Soft
20g Blackening Seasoning
20g Korean Chilli Flakes
1 t Black Pepper – Crushed
1 T Salt
Korean Magic Paste;
1 Thumb Ginger – peeled, sliced
5 Cloves Garlic – peeled, sliced
2 T Fennel Seeds
80ml Fish Sauce
40ml Toasted Sesame Oil
35g Korean Chilli Flakes
250g Strong Bread Flour
115ml Water – at 30 degrees celsius
1/4 T Honey
5g Black Onion Seeds
5g Cumin Seeds
5g Coriander Seeds
20g Korean Chilli Flakes
20g Coriander Leaves – coarsely chopped
- To make the magic paste blend the ginger, garlic, and fennel seeds scraping down the side of the blender often. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz for a final 30 seconds. Transfer to a tub and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Mix together the spice mix and rub all over the chicken legs. Cover and place in the fridge for between 4 and 24 hours.
- To make the flatbreads mix the water, yeast, and honey and leave in a warm place for a few minutes until frothy.
- Mix the flour and salt on a mixer on medium speed then pour in the yeast mixer and mix for around 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients and mix for around 7 minutes until the dough is shiny and has elasticity. Leave covered to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds then transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly oiled surface and shape it into 130g balls. Set the dough balls on a lined tray, cover, and leave at room temperature for a further 45-60 minutes.
- Flatten the bread with your hands by stretching to a round 8” disc. Once all the bread is flattened, bake them one at a time in a hot Roccbox for around 1 minute on each side.
- Push the marinated chicken legs onto a skewer each interweaving them along the skewer to create an even cooking surface.
- Preheat a griddle pan in Roccbox and cook the skewers until they reach an internal temperature of 75 degrees celsius. Brush the chicken skewers liberally with the magic paste and allow them to rest for a few minutes before removing the skewer and serving with the flatbreads.
- See more from the makers of the Gozney Roccbox