Courtesy of Pie-Not
Hippie Roll by Pie-Not is a tasty spinach and cheese infused pastry. Available at Whole Foods (select markets), Pie Not, and Amazon Local
Hippie Roll taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 tsp of Olive Oil
500g of Chopped Spinach (frozen)
100g of Walnuts (any type of nut works well)
500g of Ricotta Cheese
100g of Swiss Cheese
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Herbs / Seasoning (add any herb or extra seasoning to make it your own)
3 sheets of Puff Pastry (store bought i.e. Pepperidge Farms)
- Preheat oven to 375F fan forced or 400F convectional, please note that there can be slight variations between ovens.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add spinach and walnuts and season with salt and pepper (add any extra herbs seasoning) to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let cool in refrigerator for approx 30mins.
- Add ricotta and swiss, mix thoroughly.
- Place pastry sheets on a flat surface and cut in half.
- Spoon or pipe spinach mixture along the length of each piece of puff pastry and brush water down the length of the other side and roll up, repeat with other sheets of pastry and mix.
- Cut to preferred size. We prefer 5″ long for a single serve but can be cut smaller for bite / party size.
- Place on a baking tray / sheet with seam side down. Score top of roll with a knife, 2-3 slits on each roll to allow steam to escape.
- Place in oven and bake for 20mins or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your vegetarian Hippie Roll from Pie-Not.