Guacamole Potato Salad
Create a new picnic and party tradition with this delicious Guacamole Potato Salad made with red potatoes and Fresh California Avocados. With only six
2 lbs. small red potatoes, cleaned
2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, whites only, finely chopped
1 large serrano pepper, seeded and minced
½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with water and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Test for doneness by piercing one potato with a fork.
- The fork should slide in with gentle resistance.
- Continue cooking if not done, otherwise carefully drain the potatoes and refrigerate them until cold.
- Cut potatoes in bite-sized pieces (quarter or dice depending on size of potato).
- Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, adjust salt to taste and serve immediately.
- If made in advance, sprinkle generously with lemon juice and place a layer of plastic wrap right on the surface of the Guacamole Potato Salad and refrigerate.
- Before serving taste the salad and add additional mashed California Avocado if needed.