Chef Cathy Pavlos serves this delicious salmon at Lucca Cafe in Irvine.
Lucca Honey Grilled Loch Duart Salmon
1 t Coriander seeds – crushed
1 t Grainy dijon mustard
2 Sprigs Fresh thyme
5 lb Granny smith apple – peeled, cored, diced
1/2 t Garlic – minced
1 fl oz Maple syrup
2 fl oz Apple cider vinegar
1/2 Vidalia or sweet onion
Sea salt – to taste
Fresh horseradish – to taste
- Steam or boil the new potatoes, cool and set aside.
- Blanch the asparagus, put into ice bath and set aside.
- Portion the salmon into 6 portions
- Apple-thyme-horseradish chutney
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Cook at 350 degrees F minutes.
- Remove chutney from oven, cool and adjust seasonings.