Contributed by: Chef David Coleman
Green Garlic Puree
Apply Green garlic puree generously to fish, chicken, pasta, or vegetables and enjoy. – Chef David Coleman – Great Taste Recipes
3 Green garlic – stem and clove attached
1 1/2 C Milk
Salt – to taste
Tiny amount cayenne and lime
- Separate green from the white and discard any brown parts of the garlic.
- Chop the white garlic parts into small pieces and allow to simmer in milk for about 45 minutes or until soft, being careful not to over reduce; cool.
- Chop the green tops into a medium dice and place into boiling water for no more than 2 minutes, remove and place into ice water immediately; drain when cool removing all excess water.
- Combine greens, half of milk and garlic whites in blender and puree.
- Add remaining milk gradually as needed.
- (Note: you cannot remove milk after you have begin puree, consistency of your puree is dependent on this).
- Pass mixture through a tamis and season to taste with salt, cayenne and lime.