Gemperle Family Farms Basic Deviled Egg
Gemperle Family Farms Basic Deviled Egg taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
12 Egg – 1 to 2 weeks old
1/3 C Mayonnaise
2 t Vinegar
2 t Mustard
1/4 t Salt
- First of all, choose eggs that are 1-2 weeks old. You can check the date on the carton. They will be much easier to peel due to the larger air sack in the egg.
- In a saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water at least one inch above the eggs and bring to a full boil.
- Put a lid on the pan and remove from heat.
- Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs to an ice bath and let cool.
- Now you have the perfect easy to peel eggs for your deviled egg recipe.
- Peel the hard-cooked eggs, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks to a small bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise.
- Stir in mustard and vinegar.
- Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle a bit of paprika on top or a few chopped chives.