Garlic Bread Soup
An inventive and delicious way to repurpose stale bread and turn it into a delicious meal.
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion – diced
1 Garlic Head – roasted, peeled and chopped
1/2 C White Wine
1 1/2 qt Chicken Stock
2 C Heavy Cream
3 oz Stale Bread Crouton – large chop
1 Thyme Stem – sachet
1 Bay Leaf – sachet
5 Parsley Stem – sachet
Salt – to taste
White Pepper – to taste
- Caramelize onions in a heavy-bottomed soup pot.
- Add roasted garlic, and deglaze with white wine.
- Reduce wine by half.
- Add stock, heavy cream, and herb sachet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add bread and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Puree in small batches in blender on high.
- Season with salt and white pepper.