Contributed by: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – Newport Beach , Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – Los Angeles , Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – La Jolla
Filet Mignon Benedict
Filet Mignon Benedict courtesy Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
4 Buttermilk biscuits, split
3 tbsp. Butter
1 each Hash brown
8 tbsp. Tomato concassé room temp.
2 slices Filet Mignon*, 1 ½ oz each: ¼” – 3/8″ wide slices*
8 each Poached eggs
8 oz. Béarnaise Sauce
½ tsp. Chopped Parsley
- Split the buttermilk biscuit with a fork then spread with the butter. Place on a half sheet pan and back in a 350 ̊ oven for 6-7 minutes to a golden brown and just soft in the center.
- Prepare the hash browns according to the recipe, reserve warm.
- Prepare your own tomato concassé then spread 1 tbsp. of the room temperature concassé over each muffin.
- Set the split biscuit on the 4 plates then place 1 tbsp. of tomato concassé on top of each half. Slice the whole tenderloin into ¼” – 3/8″ wide portions then place 1 slice on top of the concassé on each biscuit.
- Prepare the poached eggs then place 1 on top of each slice of meat. Ladle 1 oz. of béarnaise sauce over each egg. Set the hash browns on the plate. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- FIlet Mignon
- Clean the tenderloin by removing the silver skin and any excess fat but the chain remains on. Remove part of the tail and head so that the ends are 2″ wide.
- Season all sides of the remaining tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place on a sheet pan then roast in a 400 ̊ oven for 20-25 minutes or Medium Rare – 130 ̊.
- Pull out of oven and allow to rest.