Plan your Mardi Gras party withaclassic New Orleans’ dish, all under ten ingredients. The Chicago seafood experts of Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market share their simple recipes that will bring The Big Easy’s flavor to your Mardi Gras party or Fat Tuesday celebration.
Classic Cajun cooking can seem complex and intimidating. However, the following ten core ingredients can be used in different applications for wonderfully delicious dishes. Using just Shrimp, Spicy Andouille Sausage, Crawfish, Holy Trinity (onions, green pepper & celery), Seafood Stock, Cajun Seasonings, Butter and Flour…
Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market Mardi Gras Gumbo
Plan your Mardi Gras party with a classic New Orleans’ dish, all under ten ingredients. The Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market experts share a Gumbo recipe
Holy Trinity – Onions, green pepper & celery
Spicy Andouille sausage
Okra (or gumbo file)
- Cook the wild rice separately.
- While the rice is cooking, begin to sauté the holy trinity in butter until flavor is out and the ingredients are translucent.
- From here, add shrimp, garlic and spicy Andouille sausage.
- Add the flour make the roux into the pan and coat with seafood seasoning or creole blend.
- Mix in the chicken stock and tomato juice and cook for a few minutes, then add in the okra and wild rice.