Extra-Meaty Paleo Chili
This Paleo-friendly version follows chili tradition, relying on lots of spices and beef bone broth to develop even more flavor.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion (large, chopped)
6 cloves minced garlic
2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon raw honey
2 tablespoons tomato paste
15 ounces diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 1/2 cups bone broth (beef)
lime (to serve)
cilantro (to serve)
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- 2. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in minced garlic and ground beef and brown over high heat.
- 4. Season with a large pinch of salt.
- 5. Stir in cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Cook 30 seconds.
- 6. Stir in honey, tomato paste, tomatoes, vinegar, and bone broth.
- 7. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, until meat is tender and broth is thickened, about 2 hours. Season to taste with more salt and serve with a squeeze of lime and cilantro.