Escargot Dumplings taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 C White wine
1/2 C Shallot
1 C Garlic – toasted
1 lb Unsalted butter – softened
3 T Ground Parmesan
1/2 C Fines herbs
1 1/2 Lemon zest
Salt and pepper
Parmesan Bread Crumbs:
1/2 C Parmesan
1 C Panko breadcrumbs
20 Round wonton wrappers
1 C Egg wash
1/2 C Escargot butter
20 Escargot – rinsed and blanched
1/4 Green cabbage – finely sliced
1/4 Red cabbage – finely sliced
1/4 C Parmesan breadcrumbs
- For escargot Butter: In a small stockpot reduce the white wine with the shallot until the liquid is reduced to glaze. Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- For parmesan bread crumbs:Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a nonstick baking sheet and spread the Parmesan cheese evenly. Bake in the oven until golden brown. Repeat the process for the panko. In a food processor grind the toasted Parmesan. In a mixing bowl toss the panko with the ground Parmesan.
- For wontons: Egg wash one side of the wonton wrappers. Place a dollop of the escargot butter in the center of each wrapper. Top each dollop of butter with a piece of escargot. Fold the dry side over onto the washed side of the wrapper and pinch close to make a half moon. Bring each end together, egg wash one corner, and slightly overlap the dry side with the washed side to create a tortellini shape. Repeat process for all 20 pieces.
- Salt and pepper
- Mix both colors of cabbage together. Place some of this mixture in the center of a small bamboo steamer. Surround the cabbage with 5 dumplings. Place the lid on the steamer and put over water until the wrapper is cooked through.
- Top each escargot dumpling with a pinch of the Parmesan breadcrumbs. Season to taste.