A signature appetizer of hard boiled eggs and bacon for a an added crunch.
2 Dozen egg, hard boiled
1 C + 2 1/2 T Mayo
12 Slices of bacon
2/3 C Sour cream
1 1/2 t Chives, chopped
1/4 t Cayenne
4 English muffins, large dices
2/3 C Maple syrup
1 2/3 t Kosher salt
- Cook bacon at 350F for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
- Once cooled, mince and set aside.
- Slice eggs in half, remove yolks and plac in mixing bowl.
- Combine yolks, sour cream and mayo until fully mixed; fold in bacon and chives.
- Transfer into piping bag (or plastic bag with corner cut of) and pipe filling into egg whites.
- Refrigerate while you make the crumble.
- For crumble, toss diced English Muffins with syrup and salt.
- Bake at 275F for 1 hour, stirring ever 15 min, to create croutons. Once cooled, pulse croutons in food processor )or transfer to baggie and mash) until texture is fine.
- Sprinkle atop finished eggs and serve.