Contributed by: Chef Debbi Dubbs
Cranberry, Apple and Pear Relish
A perfect relish or conserve for fall and winter use. Serve it with chicken, beef, duck or other game meat; it also makes a great spread or dip mixed with cream cheese.
2 cups peeled and chopped apples
2 cups peeled and chopped pears
12 oz. fresh cranberries
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
2 orange, zested and juiced
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 – 8 whole cinnamon sticks
1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large pot combine apples, pears, cranberries, sugar, water and orange juice.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg and walnuts, and then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Use fresh or can for future use. To process follow these instructions.
- Place a whole cinnamon stick in each sterilized jar, then ladle the hot relish into jars leaving 1/4″ headspace.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.