Contributed by: Ripe Life Wines Team
Clambake Rose Sorbet
A light and refreshing summer treat, this sorbet is made from quality California Rose wine.
4 C Clambake Rose Wine
1 1/5 C Pomegranate juice
1 C Sugar
1 C Black cherry – frozen
- Put the 4 cups of rose in a saucepan bring to boil and reduce to 2 cups.
- Make a simple syrup using 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of pomegranate juice.
- Put both ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the frozen cherries and let seep until cool.
- Combine the reduced rose, the simple syrup with cherries, the remaining 1/2 cup pomegranate juice into a blender, and puree.
- Chill well in the refrigerator.
- Using your ice cream maker, follow instructions to make the sorbet.
- Freeze at least 4 to 6 hours.
- (If you do not have an ice cream maker, try this to make your sorbet.)
- Put half of the liquid in a small zip lock bag, then put ice in a large ziplock and add the small bag of liquid to the bag with ice.
- Make sure the small bag is surrounded by the ice.
- Add lots of salt to the ice.
- Close large ziplock and massage it.
- Adding salt to the ice makes it very cold and will freeze the liquid.
- By splinting the liquid into two bags it will freeze faster.