Contributed by: Chef Keegan Gerhard
Chocolate Frosting for D Bar Cake and Shake
Chef Keegan Gerhard shares the chocolate frosting recipe for his cake and shake, a 3-layer choc cake, manjari frosting, vanilla or chocolate milk shake or
1 lb Tillamook Unsalted Butter
2 4 oz Madagascar 64% Chocolate
8 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
1 pound Tillamook Premium Sour Cream, room temp
1 1/2 lbs Powdered Sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate together over a water bath and let cool to 105F.
- In mixing bowl with whip attachment mix chocolate and butter mixture on low.
- Add powdered sugar on low speed all at once to create a paste. Do not be concerned if mixture looks broken at this point.
- Scrape down bowl well.
- Add half the sour cream. Whip on low just until combined.
- Turn to medium speed and whip 10 seconds. Scrape bowl well.
- Add remaining sour cream. Mix on low just until combined.
- Scrape bowl. Turn to medium speed and whip 10 more seconds
- Frosting should be sooth shiny and ready to use.