Chilled Poached Arctic Char and Summer Vegetables
Tender arctic char with flavorful vegetables for a tasty summer meal.
2 pieces 5.5oz Arctic Char
1/4 t Sea salt
Pinch Fresh Ground black pepper
Sprigs of each Herb (chives, parsley, thyme)
1 t Lemon juice
1 T Apple cider vinegar
1 T Olive oil
1 C Mushrooms – trimmed, cleaned
1/4 C Shallots – peeled, sliced
1 C Squash & Zucchini – trimmed, cut up
1/2 lb Tomatoes total (heirloom & Charry tomatoes)
Pinch Sea salt
Pinch Fresh Ground pepper
2 T Olive oil
Herbs – for garnish
- In a 10 inch pan put the fish, herbs, lemon juice, sea salt & fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour water over it just enough to cover the fish.
- Slowly bring with water up until it is steaming.
- Then take it off the stove.
- Remove the fish from the pan.
- Return the pan onto the stove and simmer the liquid until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove the herbs.
- Allow to cool.
- Then add the apple cider vinegar and the olive oil.
- Stir well.
- Clean the brown off the underside of the fish, flake the fish.
- In a medium size pan over medium high heat add olive oil.
- Put the mushrooms in the hot pan.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Allow them to sear until golden brown then stir them and remove from the pan.
- Add the shallots into the pan and season.
- Stir the shallots, reduce the heat.
- Cook until tender.
- In a medium size pan over medium high heat add the olive oil.
- Put the zucchini and summer squash in the pan.
- Season the squash.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan.
- Slice the tomatoes in halves and wedges.
- Season with salt and pepper.