Chicken & Chive Dumplings
Dim sum is one of the most popular styles of Cantonese cuisine. Creating your own delicious dumplings can be made easy with the help of the freshest ingredients and a good technique.
300g Ground Chicken
200g Shelled fresh shrimps
½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp Chinese Shao Shing wine
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
½ tsp Ground dried shrimp
1 pinch Sugar
1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Ground white pepper
4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all of the filling ingredients until they are fully combined and
- hold together.
- Place a dollop of the filling in the center of each wrapper and bring up the
- corners to form a little & money bag; Leave the top open so that you can
- see some of the filling.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive
- around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little
- green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a
- steaming wok.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.