Contributed by: Nutmeg Nanny
Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream
This no churn recipe will have you loving the taste of homeade ice cream without hating the effort.
4 cups bing cherries (pitted and cut in half)
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon cherry juice
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1. In a medium sized skillet set over medium heat add cherries, dark brown sugar and cherry juice.
- 2. Let the cherries cook down while smashing them to release their juices. Once the berries are soft and a lot of juice has been released remove from heat. Strain the berries and save the juice and half the mashed berries and let cool. You can also put it in the refrigerator to help chill it faster.
- 3. Once the berry mixture is cooled mix it together with the sweetened condensed milk, amaretto liqueur and vanilla bean paste.
- 4. Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add a few spoonfuls of the whipped cream into the cherry mixture and stir to combine. This will help make the mixture looser and easy to fold into the remaining whipped cream.
- 5. Fold remaining whipped cream into the cherry mixture. Be careful to not fully stir as you want to keep the whipped cream as light as possible.
- 6. Pour into a freezer safe container (metal bread pan or tupperware works nicely) and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.