Chef Santana’s Fried Chicken
Make your own fried chicken at home in less than 10 minutes. Watch how Chef Amar does it!
1 Chicken – whole, organic, air-chilled
4 C Buttermilk
2 T Black pepper – ground
1 C Lemon juice
4 T Salt
1 T Paprika
2 T Garlic powder
4 C AP Flour
2 C Cornstarch
- Click here to watch Chef Amar prepare this dish.
- Butcher the chicken keeping the bones attached.
- In a large bowl create the marinade by combining buttermilk, lemon juice, paprika, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add your chicken pieces to the marinade and let them soak in the fridge overnight.
- In a separate large bowl combine ap flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and set on a rack to dry.
- After a few minutes, coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture a second time.
- Heat a pan with oil to about 350 degrees and add chicken pieces, cooking each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then move chicken to a tray and put them in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it sit and cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!