Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup is made from fresh produce and puts a healthy zing in your diet.
3 T Butter – unsalted
6-7 Carrot – large, peeled, and sliced thin
2 C White or Yellow Onion – chopped
1 t Ginger – minced
4 C Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 Orange – juiced
Candied Almond – for garnish
Microgreen – for garnish
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onions, stirring occasionally until the onions soften, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt over the vegetables as they cook.
- Add stock, ginger, and orange juice. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, until carrots soften.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with candied almonds and microgreens.