Caprese-Style Spaghetti: fresh spaghetti nests + heirloom tomatoes + mozzarella + basil + garlic + crushed red chili flakes + balsamic reduction + olive oil
4 Heirloom tomatoes – various colors, medium sized – medium dice
4 Cloves Garlic – crushed
1 C Basil leaf – torn
1 C Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese – Diced
1 T Red chile flake (depending on spice level)
Salt & Pepper – to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsalmix reduction – for plating
6 Pasta Nests – fresh – 3 oz each
- Boil salted water for pasta.
- Coat a sauté pan with the olive oil, crushed garlic, half of the basil, salt, pepper, and the chile flakes (if using).
- Once the garlic has a bit of color, add the diced tomatoes and cook down for 2-3 minutes, just enough to
- become nicely heated through and tender.
- Drop the pasta nests in salted boiling water, and cook for roughly 2 minutes, just to Al denté. Once the pasta is
- cooked add it to the pan and toss with the tomato mixture. Add the remaining basil and mozzarella, still tossing
- (the heat from the mixtures will soften the cheese and make it so delicious).
- I like to drizzle some balsamic reduction on the bottom of the bowl and plate the pasta on top of it because it gives a little sweetness to the dish.