Cajun bouillabaisse packs the right amount of Louisiana heat and features fresh redfish, crab, shrimp and vegetables cooked in a crab boil-based seafood stock.
6 oz Redfish fillet
1 oz (16 – 20) White shrimp
1 oz Jumbo lump crab meat
1/2 oz Yellow squash – diced
1/2 oz Zucchini – diced
1/2 oz Red onion – julienned
1/2 oz Tomato – diced
1/4 C Seafood stock (*ingredients and recipe below)
1/16 oz Micro green
5 lbs Gumbo crab
5 lbs Shrimp shell
3 gal Water
1 lb Vegetable scrap
1/2 C Zatarains Liquid crab boil
1/2 C Zatarains Pro boil
- Grill or blacken redfish and shrimp.
- Sautee vegetables until tender.
- Heat seafood stock* and crab meat until hot.
- Place the vegetables in the center of the bowl and stack the redfish on top.
- Place the shrimp on top of the redfish.
- Strain the crab from the stock and place around the bowl.
- Top with micro greens.
- Serve the stock in a pitcher.
- Garnish with a crouton.
- *Seafood Stock
- Put all ingredients in a stockpot and simmer overnight.
- Crush all the shells and crabs and stir well.
- Remove from heat and strain through a china cap, then a chinoise, then cheesecloth.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator overnight to clarify.
- Strain off the clarified broth and reserve for use.