Contributed by: Chef Chris Koetke
Brown Butter Sauteed Mango
Brown Butter Sauteed Mango taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small dice
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Vanilla ice cream
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking until small flecks in the butter turn brown. Don’t let the flecks become black.
- As soon as the butter browns, add mangos and sauté for several minutes.
- Add brown sugar, water, and cardamom.
- Continue cooking for several minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, simply add more water as the mixture should be somewhat saucy.
- Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream