Blistered Cranberry Sauce
Fun entree made with a Bernzomatic torch
2 cup cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 orange, washed
1 Lemon, washed
- Place cranberries on a large uncoated cookie sheet, and using Bernzomatic torch, blister and lightly char all of the cranberries, reserve.
- Using a peeler, peel wide strips of orange and lemon peel from the citrus.
- Halve the citrus and juice, reserve.
- Trim any white pith from the underside of the citrus peels using a paring knife.
- Place the peels outside up on an uncoated cookie sheet, and using Bernzomatic torch, toast and char the peels, until they are pretty dark.
- In a medium sauce pan, add sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, blistered cranberries and charred citrus peels.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook over low to medium heat, stirring often for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish or container for storage.
- Refrigerate if not being used right away.