A savory black bean side dish that can be enjoyed alone or with your favorite entree..
2 30 oz Black beans – can
1/2 C Yellow onion
1/3 Red pepper
Jalapeño to taste
1/3 C Cilantro
1 t Olive oil
1/2 T Chili powder
1/4 t Cumin
1/2 t Salt, pepper and garlic powder
1/2 T Chicken base
2 C Water
1/2 C Pico de gallo
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Dice onions, red peppers, and jalapeños to 1/4 inch.
- Turn on stove to medium-high add oil, onions, peppers and jalapeño; cook until translucent.
- Add beans, water and chicken base; bring to a boil.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic power.
- Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Allow to cool slightly and top with fresh pico de gallo before serving.