Becky Satterfield’s Corn Muffins
These corn muffins are the perfect side dish for your summer barbecue.
2/3 C Yellow Enriched Cornmeal
1 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
1 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 T Baking Powder
1 t Kosher Salt
2 3/4 C Buttermilk
8 Egg – large
3/4 C Vegetable or Peanut Oil
3 Yellow Corn Ear – shucked and kernels removed
3 Green Onion – finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Gently mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- Whisk until incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and whisk for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the corn and green onion.
- Spray a small muffin pan with release spray.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin wells.
- Place in the oven and cook for 17-20 minutes, until browned.