Bearnaise Sauce taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
2 Shallots – minced
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1 Bay leaf
2 T Tarragon – dry
1/4 cup Egg yolks – pasteurized
6 oz. Butter – lightly salted, soft
2 1/2 t Lemon juice
1/2 pinch White Pepper
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
1/8 t Tabasco
- Mince shallots and place in a sauce pot with the vinegar, bay leaf and tarragon then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until mixture is almost dry.
- Pull out the bay leaf and allow the reduction to cool.
- Place a sauce pot on the stove with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and place over the water.
- Mix the eggs vigorously with a wire whip until smooth and thick.
- Slowly add the softened butter into the whipped eggs whisking as the butter is added.
- Continue until all butter is added.
- Add lemon juice, white pepper, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire, Tabasco and Tarragon reduction into the whipped eggs.
- Place in a container and keep at 110 degrees.