Contributed by: Chef Joe Youkan
Bacon n cheese Stuffed Burger w/ Onion
Bacon N Cheese Stuffed Burger
Bacon N Cheese Stuffed Burger W Onion Jam taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 lb 75/25 Ground chuck (80/20 fat to meat ratio good too)
- Thoroughly combine first 9 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine butter, bacon and cheese.
- Roll into log about 2 inches thick.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Evenly distribute meat into 8 thin patties, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut 1/2 inch piece of butter (remove plastic) and place in middle of patty.
- Place another patty on top and mold into a burger.
- Continue until you have 4.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the burgers and cook on a pre-heated greased grill.
- About 4 minutes per side until internal temp is 145 degrees.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Lightly butter each half of toasted bun, place burger and evenly spread jam.
- Onion Jam:
- Add oil to medium high heat sauce pan.
- Add onions, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolves and begins to turn to a caramel.
- Add vinegar and let reduce until completely gone.
- Add wine and simmer on low.
- Cook on low until wine evaporates and onions are soft and thick.
- Remove Bay leaves, stir in ketchup