Asian Carnitas and Kim Chee Tacos Recipe
2 lbs Pork butt
1 C Soy sauce
1 C Water
1/2 C Seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 C Fresh orange juice
1/4 C Honey
2 Cloves Melissa’s peeled garlic – minced
1 T Fresh ginger – minced
1/4 C Sweet chili sauce
1 T Sesame oil
1 jar Melissa’s jo san kim chee – chopped
3 Melissa’s mini cucumbers – ends
trimmed; diced small
3 Fresh roma tomatoes – diced small
1/2 C Sweet chili sauce
2 T Hot chili oil
40 “Chicanitas” corn tortillas (4.5-inch diameter)
- Mix the marinade ingredients until well combined.
- In a pot or dutch oven, add the 2 pounds of pork butt and the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Remove the pan with the pork from the refrigerator, cover with foil and set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 1 hour or until the interior temperature reaches 160º.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and shred pork, using 2 forks.
- Drizzle with the pan drippings and mix well.
- To assemble the tacos, stack 2 tortillas on a plate.
- Top with some pork, kim chee, cucumber and tomatoes.
- In a bowl, mix together the chili sauce and chili oil.
- Drizzle on the taco and repeat for remaining tortillas.