These delicious seasonal treats are sure to keep apple lovers and pastry fanatics alike coming back for seconds.
2 cups apples, peeled and diced2 cups self-rising flour½ cup brown sugar2 large eggs1 cup milk3 Tbsp. melted butter1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon together using a fork to break up any lumps.
- Add in milk, melted margarine, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
- Peel and dice apples, add to batter, stirring in.
- Drop by ⅛ cup fulls into hot oil and turn to allow to brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
- Serve with apple butter.