These delicious seasonal treats are sure to keep apple lovers and pastry fanatics alike coming back for seconds.
2 cups apples, peeled and diced
2 cups self-rising flour
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon together using a fork to break up any lumps.
- Add in milk, melted margarine, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
- Peel and dice apples, add to batter, stirring in.
- Drop by ⅛ cup fulls into hot oil and turn to allow to brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
- Serve with apple butter.