Casa Barilla’s Costa Mesa location at South Coast Plaza will be reopening on Thursday, June 11 for dine-in, takeout, and delivery. Dine-in service will be at limited capacity in accordance with local regulations and takeout and delivery orders can be made through UberEats, Postmates, DoorDash, and Grubhub.
In preparation for opening, Casa Barilla worked with Barilla’s Food Safety Experts and NSF international (an independent, non-profit organization that certifies food safety) to craft strict safety guidelines to protect the health of both employees and guests. Some new precautions include increased professional sanitation procedures, employee health screenings, and cashless payment methods.
In support of their community, and aligned with the restaurant’s people-first ideology, Casa Barilla is partnering with World Central Kitchen’s Restaurants for the People to donate meals to members of the community in need. The restaurant is also offering 25% off discount to all emergency responders.
During the early stages of the pandemic, the Casa Barilla team made the difficult decision to close their restaurant to ensure the health and safety of their employees. During the closure, while the restaurant industry was swept with unemployment and uncertainty, Casa Barilla was able to retain 100% of their staff. While the restaurant was closed, the staff was offered optional learning and educational resources, which provided insight about the restaurant industry, restaurant operations, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
Looking at current dining and cooking trends, Casa Barilla has crafted a simplified, crave-able, and affordable menu featuring the restaurant’s Italian comfort food classics including pasta, appetizers, pizzas, salads, and desserts. For those in need of a convenient meal option backed by 140 years of pasta making experience, they will also be launching a pasta meal offering for $11, which comes with a choice of Spaghetti al Pomodoro or Fettuccine Alfredo, a soft drink, and a side of bread or salad. Menu highlights include:
- Penne all’Amatriciana ($12) – A kick of spiciness with California San Marzano style tomatoes, flavored with guanciale, and hot Thai red and green chilies
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara ($12) – Creamy egg sauce tossed with guanciale, aged Pecorino Romano cheese, Grana Padano and coarse ground black pepper
- Lasagna ($12)– Soft egg pasta layered with Bolognese and bechamel, baked, with crispy Grana Padano smothered in tomato sauce
- Salmon ($13) – Seared salmon filet served over a bed of mixed greens, green beans, cherry tomatoes dressed with homemade pesto and lemon dressing
- Italian wines by the glass (starting at $7) – Pinot grigio (Mezzacorona), pinot noir (Stemmari), prosecco split (Lunetta), and rose split (Lunetta) among others